Project: Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd (MIAPL)
Site: Sahar, Andheri – East, Maharashtra
- Various types of Surface Cracks, Full depth cracks, Potholes in PQC (Concrete Pavement),
which were difficult to repair by using conventional methods.
- Surface leveling at Nose-wheel Area of Bay.
- Continuous complaints from maintenance staff of all airways.
Previous Solutions tried by MIAL
A. MIAL was repairing Cracks, Potholes, Full depth cracks in PQC by using
conventional repair products like different types of epoxies, cementatious
products & finally bitumen. However these materials lead to:
1. Time consuming: It was necessary to shutdown the Taxiways, Aprons, &
Bays. This was causing several inconveniences which needs minimum 6 –10
hours depends on the products.
2. Frequent need of repair – Epoxy and bitumen materials do not last for
number years or even month and this was calling for frequent repairs, leading to
frequent shut downs.
3. Maintenance Cost: Additional maintenance cost in terms of monetary, man
days due to frequent repairs.
4. FOD’s: Maintenance staff of Airport always scared about foreign objects which
generate from erosion of Repair Material used or form the Pavements, which
might goes into aircraft’s Engines & create major problems.
B. Replacing Damaged / Cracked PQC by Normal Concrete:
Too time consuming & costly affair, as at airport time is money i.e. Just to replace
one bay with normal concrete it will take minimum 60–90 days which will cost Rs.
1 – 1.5 L per panel & revenue loss to Airport minimum Rs. 5 Lacks Per day per
bay. (Landing, Parking, Housing Charges, Etc.)
Choksey Chemical Proposed Solution:
Delpatch TM Elastromeric Concrete is the reliable solution provided
for the Repair & Rehabilitation of full depth cracks, potholes, nose-wheel areas.
Elastomeric Concrete is an excellent patching material. It provides an easy to
use solution in retrofitting airport runways with lighting. Most importantly
Elastomeric Concrete lasts for more than 10 years therefore it does not call for
frequent repairs or shut down.
- Delpatch – A long-term solution. Elastomeric Concrete
has been used worldwide as taxiway repair material and has a proven
track record of lasting more than 10 years. All types of cracks, Potholes,
Edge Spalling in Pavement have been satisfactorily repaired by using
Elastomeric Concrete at MIAL.
- Delpatch – A strong material. Elastomeric Concrete
though elastomeric does not melt or change surface level like bitumen.
MIAL faced major problem at Nose-Wheel base of surface level change
due to heavy tonnage of Taxi-Nose. (Weighing more than 150 tones).
Since Elastomeric Concrete has been applied, this particular problem is
solved permanently. Elastomeric Concrete gains extreme hi-compressive
strength after curing and therefore it does not change by level or volume
neither it has shrinkage problem.